At SilverFx, our aim to supply quality bespoke sportswear at highly competitive prices. We pride ourselves on ensuring a good relationship with our customers and have a highly personalised approach to providing club kit managers. Our factory maintains ethical working conditions and it operates to our policy of ethical practice which highlights the importance of safe working practices and social responsibility.
Policy of ethical practices
SilverFx strives to maintain a high standard of ethical practices throughout the company, including throughout our supply chain. We will do this by committing to the following policies:
We regard the welfare of our employees and those of our partners paramount and maintain fair and safe working practices throughout our supply chain. We will do this by:
- Ensuring that working hours do not go over 48 in a 7 day period. There must be at least one day off in this 7 day period. Overtime must be voluntary.
- Working conditions will be safe and the necessary protective equipment will be provided. All potentially hazardous materials will be locked away and with stringent use policies in place to ensure maximum safety for workers.
- Those who work over 4 hours must take breaks at regular intervals. These breaks must not be worked through. The workers will be supplied with clean drinking water.
- Training must be provided in the first week of a new starter. Re-fresh courses will be provided yearly. Re-training will be provided for everyone in the event of changes to legislation.
- In the factory or warehouse, restrictions to those under the age of 18 will be recruited due to the potential to come into contact with hazardous materials.
- All employees will be given the health and safety handbook along with the training. This handbook will detail manual handling and substances regulations.
- Any form of discrimination will be not be tolerated and will be treated with the highest importance. This includes pay discrimination.
- Workers will be given contracts which detail all levels of salary, holiday and pay variations. The pay guarantee’s to meet or exceed minimum living wage.
- The company does not hold any zero hour contracts and guarantee’s that employees will have their minimum contracted hours.
- Any complaints from employees will be dealt with the utmost sensitivity.
- All employees will be given the procedures in the handbook.
- We will continue to develop our ethical policies with feedback from employees, partners and changes in the law.
We are dedicated to lower our environmental impact and strive to do this in the following ways:
- Minimise waste by continuously evaluating operations throughout the supply chain and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Promoting and practising the benefits recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source materials that are sustainable and ethical.
- Donating garments that may not be saleable to charities for re-use.